Thanksgiving is a time for reflection on past year! The Strength In Scripture team is grateful for every blessing the Lord provided and we want to share this blessing with You.
Psalms 107:1-3 “Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever! Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom He has redeemed from trouble and gathered in from the lands, from the east and from the west, from the north and from the south.”
With COVID pandemic there is increased number of individuals and families who depend on government and non-profit organizations for food and shelter. The Strength In Scripture team is ready to make a difference.
On Thursday – November 25th the Strength In Scripture team plans to hold community services:
- Neighborhood Cleanup: projects include neighborhood cleanups and stream / river cleanups.
- Prepare and distribute care packages: prepare and distributing care packages to the less fortunate. Packages will include: hygiene items (tooth brush, tooth paste), winter items (socks, hats, gloves), masks
Here are the details of the community engagement plan:
- 9AM: the team will meet at 2708 John A Thompson Rd, Temple Hills MD 20748 to prepare care packages
- 10AM: team will begin community clean up of Marlow Heights (in the area of 2708 John A Thompson Rd, Temple Hills MD 20748)
- 12PM: distribute care packages.
Join the team to share Chris’s love with the community and give back!